Friday, December 18, 2015

Crazy Quilts, Wrens and Gardens

                       Crazy Quilts, Wrens and Gardens

Dear Friends,
      In the middle of December I really start to miss my time outside in my little cottage garden. I miss my little wren friends who brighten my days and I even miss the physical work involved in growing my flowers. Today I was out there in the cold filling the bird feeders and putting some pots in the shed. I noticed  some curly parsley and feathery fennel still growing in the midst of dried morning glory vines, leaves and twigs. My garden  is a bit like a crazy quilt.
      Crazy quilts are an arrangement of multicolored fabrics of different textures and shapes, often with bits of scrap material from discarded items. After the scraps are sewn together decorative embroidery, lace, buttons and beads are added giving the piece beautiful detail interest. 
     In Genesis chapter one we read about the creation. Our God is the amazing Creator of this world of details.  These details are the basis for human creativity. His details give our minds food to fuel our imaginations and we make pictures with pencil, paint, fabric and words. What a beautiful world He made.  
Genesis 1:31
"Then God looked over all He had made, and He saw that it was very good!"
     

No comments:

Post a Comment