Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Garden Fence



Dear Friends, 
My garden can be a sweet place of meditation including praise and thanksgiving, prayer and quiet listening.
Today He seemed to be speaking through the wild tangle of sweet pea vines and honey scented honeysuckle that are clambering up, over, and all around the old wire fence. The vines seem to be seeking and gaining freedom from the chains of the fence.
My prayer and heart cry has been for Saeed Abedini to be released from the prison that holds him captive in Iran  for his faith in Jesus.
Like my flowers bring beauty to the ugly chain link fence, Saeed brings the beauty of his faith and hope in Jesus to the other prisoners who are also in that ugly place of filth, disease, and torture.
One of the prisoners who has found new life in Jesus from Saeed's testimony, is said to say that he no longer feels imprisoned.
Isaiah 61:1
"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because The Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings to the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound"

No comments:

Post a Comment