Thursday, July 31, 2014

Garden Gifts


                                                                 Garden Gifts
Dear Friends,
     My little cottage garden is filled with brilliant colors and fragrant scents floating in the heavy, humid heat of our midwest yard.
     Some of my plants are memory flowers, gifted to me from friends or relatives.  Each flower and herb gives its  own gifts as I walk through the towering sunflowers.  Each day is a treasure hunt.  The purple basil and curly parsley are hidden under the heavy tomato vines.  The Morning Glories are twining up those sunny towers, showing off their sparkling royalty in the early morning dewy mist.  The ancient, rough hewn wren houses are hidden in the heart shaped leaves and the wrens are singing their melodies from a hiding place in the tangle of clematis on the fence nearby.
     Plants can be memories, gift seeds of friendships, still growing and reseeding and being gifted time and again, making more memories and more treasure to be found among the branches and leafy vines, hiding places for wrens and beetles, treasures to be found. Garden gifts of songs, and blooms, earthy scents and  herbal sachets. Gifts from God.

Psalms 145: 1-3
" I will extol thee, my God, O King; I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable."

1 comment:

  1. Oh Teresa, This is beautiful! And you yourself are a cottage garden flower, blooming, blossoming, growing.... You have such a gift in your writing and in your soul!

    ReplyDelete