Thursday, July 24, 2014

Broken To Beautiful: A Garden Story

Dear Friends,
     Sometimes when I read something or see something and somehow it fits in with a Bible study I am doing, I am so amazed and thankful for the way that God draws me to Himself and teaches me over and over, more intricate details of the message that He wants me to learn.
    This week I read about and researched about a garden called The Butchart Gardens. The thing about this garden that jumped out to me is how it was originally a huge gaping hole left after the limestone was quarried out of the property. The sensitive, artistic wife of the quarry owner had a vision to create beauty from this eyesore, and thus started her immense project with a row of Poplar and Plum trees, and some Sweet Pea Flower seeds. It took many years of labor, but stands today, over 100 years later, as one of the top 10 gardens in the world, and is visited by nearly one million people every year. 
    From an empty, rocky hole  came a place where people can visit and return to their homes with a fragrant, enduring image of floral beauty.
Isaiah 51:1-3
"Hearken to Me, ye that follow after righteousness, that ye seek The Lord: look unto the Rock whence ye are hewn, and the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.  Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him and increased him.  For The Lord  shall comfort Zion: He will comfort all her waste places: and He will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of The Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and a voice of melody."

No comments:

Post a Comment