Friday, May 5, 2017

Meditations on His Mercy

              Meditations On His Mercy
Dear Friends,
     It is a beautiful, sunny day today after many days that were dark and stormy.  Many areas are suffering from flooding that has resulted from so much rain.  I get greatly affected emotionally by long periods of time without sunshine and time outdoors.  I start feeling dark and teary like the sky. 
     Going to God in prayer and His Word has sustained me.  Now  the sun is bright and everything is bright green with springtime freshness!
    During the dark, stormy days I focused on creating a giant dragonfly garden project.  It's made with the fan blades of a broken ceiling fan for wings and a baseball bat for the body.  To get my eyes and mind off the weather I painted it a bright paisley design.  When the paint is dry I will find the perfect place for it surrounded by my flowers.
    As I was working I had music playing and heard the song "East To West" by Casting Crowns.  The words, "In the arms of His mercy I find rest," caught my attention and I have been meditating on His mercy for a few days.   In Ephesians 2 verses 4-5 we read that, "God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead."
    In the very desolate words of Lamentations we can find a nugget of gold.  Read Lamentations 3 verses 21-23.  "The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning." 
    God is not restricted by the weather or by our emotions.  He is faithful and loves us so much.   

No comments:

Post a Comment