Sunday, November 13, 2016

The End of A Season


                               The End Of A Season
Dear Friends,
    I walked in my little cottage garden that is around the house and snipped these last blooms and mixed them with  fragrant basil, feathery fennel fronds and golden oak leaves.  This will be the last bouquet from my garden until spring brings me some new flowers.                   It's a time of mixed emotions.  I tell the perennials to rest well while I stay inside sipping hot coffee and reading things to nourish my soul.  The roots will rest under the ground that will soon be frozen and covered in a blanket of snow.  They will be fed gently and be slowly strengthened so they can grow strong and lovely in the spring.  
    We are told over and over in the Word of God that He is faithful, that He hears our prayers and knows the things deep inside.  We are encouraged to put on the whole armor of God in defense of the things that come our way.  
    As I clean and ready the garden for the cold weather, I remind myself and encourage you with these words.
Psalms 65:11
"You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance."
Psalms 91:4
"He will cover you with His feathers.  He will shelter you with His wings.  His faithful promises are your armor and protection."
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment