Thursday, November 19, 2015

Fill My Cup

                                  Fill My Cup
Dear Friends,
    I have this song going through my mind.
"Fill my cup, Lord.
I lift it up, Lord. 
Come and fill this thirsting of my soul."
    When I was a little girl we had an old hand pump in the back yard next to the grape vine. A tin cup was hanging on the faucet by a small chain and would clink against the pump like a wind chime. The handle would make a loud squeak as I pumped it up and down while holding the cup under the spout. Then the water would gurgle and gush out overflowing the cup and splashing my bare feet with the cool water!  Psalm 23:5 has the phrase, "my cup runneth over."
    Jesus sat at a table with the one who would betray Him and the one who would deny Him three times. This was the table where He broke bread and shared it with His friends. He took the cup and shared it also with them. Later that evening while in the garden He prayed to his Father while they slept. "...except I drink it, Thy will be done." His cup of suffering was full. 
   While on The Cross He cried out!  He was lifting His cup! Our forsaken, thirsty Savior. His cup overflowed. The veil was torn, the earth quaked, rocks were broken. 
Then on the third day He rose!
Dear friends it's okay to cry out in your pain and thirst when your cup is overflowing. Fill my cup, Lord!
He said in Matthew 20:23 "Ye shall drink indeed of my cup."

No comments:

Post a Comment