Thursday, December 14, 2017

Beads On A Branch: Finding Joy In The Winter

                  Beads On A Branch: 
              Finding Joy In The Winter

Dear Friends,
     It's not surprising that winter is often regarded as the dark, gloomy season.  Sunset comes earlier and sunrise comes later making the daytime short.  The garden  flowers are done blooming and the colorful leaves of fall have turned into a soggy mess on the walkway and are blown into piles along the fence.  It looks dismal to say the least.
     In the spring I found a large, forked branch under the maple tree.  I took the branch and settled it into the ground near the fence where I had the paisley dragonfly.  I got wire and colorful beads and decorated the branch so that it sparkles in the sunlight.  I liked the way it looked with the dragonfly and the bright flowers all around. 
     When I was cleaning up the yard in the fall, I decided to leave the branch there for the winter.  I am so glad that I did.  The flowers are all done blooming for now and the dragonfly is stored in the shed. When the sun is shining, the sparkling beads brighten the otherwise gloomy garden.  This has become a  focal point to brighten the thoughts that try to darken my days this season.  It will be a beautiful sight when the snow falls all glittery in the garden. 
     So, as the beaded branch helps to refocus my thoughts,  I want to encourage you to turn your thoughts toward good things.  I pray that these verses from the Word will help direct your thoughts toward The Light of the world.

Colossians 1:11-14
"We also pray that you will be strengthened with all His glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need.  May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father.  He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to His people, who live in the light.  For He has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of His dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins."
John 12:46
"I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in Me will no longer remain in the dark."

No comments:

Post a Comment